How your office furniture can boost productivity, enhance engagement and help your business be more successful.
The way your office furniture is configured is a big part of the success of the workforce, and it's not something to be taken lightly. Sure, your workers can survive in an uncomfortable chair or in a workstation with limited privacy, but it might not be the best way for them to truly thrive. When considering office furniture, it's important to factor in a little bit of strategy.
Here are five reasons to take your office furniture more seriously.
1. Comfort. Studies have shown that workers who are subjected to uncomfortable seating tend to be less productive and have less workplace satisfaction. Investing in an ergonomically sound chair or standing desks can add more innovation to your team, without breaking the bank. Rightsize's partner OfficeFurnitureCenter.com has a variety of pre-owned ergonomic seating options that look and feel great. Check them out here.
2. Privacy. The goal of every business owner should be to provide their employees with the tools they need to succeed. Regardless of the office configuration, that should mean accommodating privacy with meeting rooms and common areas that can help facilitate successful team interaction. Not only that, but privacy allows for serving clients more effectively in a quiet environment. This especially applies to those in an open office design. Consider setting up smaller breakout areas for your team. Our team can help you configure the right ratio of private areas to help enhance overall productivity.
3. Productivity. There has been a lot of chatter these days about the open office floor plan. While embracing an open concept is a great way to maximize the space, it also can be detrimental to productivity when not properly managed. The reason why is that not all businesses have a model that is conducive to low panels and limited privacy features. Our team of designers will speak to your employees and determine a layout that will enhance your workplace based on industry best practices. The goal is always to maximize productivity, while keeping costs at a minimum.
4. Branding. Office furniture is a fantastic outlet for branding your space. Whether that means creating custom panels in your brand colors or utilizing more modern pieces to tell your company story, the opportunities are endless. Office furniture that is well thought out will set the tone for the culture of the organization, so it's important to be aware of the message you are trying to send to your employees and visiting customers.
5. Cost. The way that a furniture is configured within a floor plan can limit the number of occupants within a space. If you are using bulky workstations and old desks, then you might not be maximizing the number of employees you can accommodate. Our design/furnish approach will implement the right furniture for your space to make sure that you are maximizing your real estate expenses. Rightsize utilizes a VIP+ Program designed to accommodate our clients at a variety of price points, so it's a win-win for both parties.
Rightsize Facility Performance provides a full service design, build and furnish approach to office furniture—which we think is a pretty important part of your business. From productivity to branding and everything in between, it can completely change your office culture. Contact us for information on how to get started.